Interesting facts about black rhino;
- Black rhinos are native to eastern and southern Africa ( from Kenya to RSA).
- They are herbivorous browsers.
- Although the black rhino is referred to as black its real colour is grey.
- This giant has 2 horns, the first one is longer, measuring from 42 to 128cm. The second one measures from 20 to 50cm.
- Rhino horns are made of a protein called keratin, the same substance from which human nails and hair are made.
- These animals have fantastic hearing and a great sense of smell, but they have poor eyesight.
- Rhinos love to swim. By covering themselves with mud and letting them dry, they protect their skin from the sun.
- They are extremely fast and can get up to a speed of 55km/h.
- The life expectance of a black rhino is 35 to 40 years.
- The only natural threat to the rhino is humans.
There are no reviews yet.